Tuesday, July 22, 2008

hey daddy

A story to share.

The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farm house had just
finished
a rough first day on the job. A flat tire had caused him to miss an
hour of
work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pick-up truck refused
to
start.

As I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. When we arrived
he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked to the front door, he
paused
briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both
hands. When
opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His
tanned face was
wreathed in smiles; he hugged his two small children and
gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed by
the tree and my
curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had
seen him do
earlier.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I
know I can't help
having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, they
don't belong in the
house with my wife and children. So, I just hang them on
the tree when I come
home in the evening and then I just pick them up again
in the morning."

"Funny thing, though," he smiled, "when I come out in
the morning to
pick 'em up, there ain't nearly as many as I remembered
hanging there the night
before."

sometimes, i really wish that things could be as simple as that. or that i'd have a tree like that. so i need not carry my troubles to sleep, and that everything could be better the very next day.
but hell no. it doesn happen to me as much as i want it to be. =x

......................................................................


i wanted to talk to daddy just now. but even before i could even talk to him, he left for his lesson. and by the time he's home again, i'll be asleep. i hate staying at home w/o daddy. i will only think of approaching daddy with my problems, never my mum. i don't like to share my problems with my mum, coz she'll only nag and she doesn give constructive comments. even if daddy doesn give me help, he'll listen, and make sure i'm alright.

as much as i'm feeling guilty for not doing my work again, i'm feeling much better, after dl-ing songs again.
its time like this that i really yearn for someone to listen to me talk and cry. i miss dear, the midnight phone calls and all. =x


i'm going to sleep my tears away.
and wake up early to complete my hw.
and skip chem lesson.

No comments: